Updated March 18, 2020
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is well prepared to respond to COVID-19 by implementing new protocols and best practices that will ensure the safety of our residents, employees, physicians and volunteers.
Visitor Screening at Nipissing Serenity Hospice:
Nipissing Serenity Hospice wants to keep you informed off all precautions we are taking throughout this pandemic
- Effective immediately, we will be actively screening EVERYONE prior to entering the building. This will be occurring in the entrance vestibule with the intercom system. A screening tool will be posted next to both door buzzers. All visitors will be screened prior to being buzzed in. Packages/mail not requiring a signature will be asked to be left in the foyer for staff to pick-up. Once inside the building visitors will be directed to hang up their coats, complete handwashing and don PPE if indicated. Anyone with a fever, sore throat, cough or deemed high risk from the screen will not be permitted in the building. No exceptions.
- All planned tours, meetings or events nonessential to the care of our residents have been cancelled or postponed. If a family is interested in a tour for an imminent admission, please have the hospital or the family contact Care Coordinator, Lindsay Campbell, directly.
- Visitation is restricted to immediate family only
- Visiting hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The exception being actively dying residents.
- Visitors are limited to 2 family members at a time
- Families should call ahead before visiting
If you have traveled outside of Canada within the past 14 days and/or are experiencing symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat), please call your North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit (1-800-563-2808) or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000).
The best way to prevent infection from any virus, including COVID-19 is to practice hand washing, cover your mouth and/or cough and sneeze into your elbow, and stay home if you are sick.
If you have questions about visiting Nipissing Serenity Hospice please call Jane Jackson, Executive Director, at 705-995-3377 ex. 1201. For clinical inquires, please contact, Care Coordinator, Lindsay Campbell, at 705-995-3377 ex. 1202 or via email at email@example.com
For accurate, up-to-date information about COVID-19, the following links are recommended as credible resources to access:
Public Health Agency – Government of Canada| Ontario Ministry of Health| Toronto Public Health
Enhanced Public Health Measures for COVID-19 – PDF