Job Posting – February 2020
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Executive Director
Nipissing Serenity Hospice-Maison Sérénité du Nipissing is currently seeking a dynamic and community driven individual to help lead our organization that has recently joined the Ontario hospice palliative care community.
Below is an abbreviated description of the position. The full job description can be found here.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Nipissing Serenity Hospice Corporation and Foundation programs and services, in accordance with the organization’s mission and vision. The ED oversees the daily operation of the organization and works with the Boards of Directors to ensure that the residential home and all associated programs and services meet the needs of the community, clients and key stakeholders.
The Executive Director works with the board to develop an organizational structure that ensures the accountability of programs, creates and maintains an organizational culture that cultivates an appreciation of volunteers and staff; and engages with local health care providers, community social service sector colleagues and business partners to develop meaningful relationships that establish credibility for the organization as a leader in the field of hospice and end-of-life care.
The Executive Director is a primary advocate for the agency, participating in local, regional and national hospice initiatives and keeping the Boards of Directors current on issues, new information and emerging trends in palliative, end-of-life hospice care.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Community and stakeholder relationship building and management
- Operational administration, planning and human resource management
- Risk management/change management
- Financial management and fund development
- Relevant education and significant experience within the not-for-profit human services sector. Experience in the Hospice Palliative care sector is an asset.
- A positive approach to client service and a demonstrated capacity for empathy.
- A minimum of five to seven years management experience including leadership/supervision of staff and volunteers, program development/evaluation, strategic planning/goal setting, records management, finance administration, community development.
- The ability to provide clear direction, commit to teamwork, and collaborate effectively.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
- Experience in financial management including developing a budget and monitoring expenditures.
- Knowledge of national, provincial, and regional palliative care environment and organizations
- Knowledge of federal and provincial government health care plans and priorities.
- Knowledge of the history and meaning of Hospice Palliative Care including the National Principles and Norms of Practice.
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors.
- Bilingualism (English/French) communication skills, both verbal and written is a definite asset.
- The ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, exercise sound judgment, make appropriate decisions, and accept responsibility for outcomes.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- The ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle, and the willingness to travel.
How to Apply:
Please send applications with cover letter and resume by 4:00 p.m., on Friday, March 27, 2020, to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a salary and staff benefit package that will commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Nipissing Serenity Hospice will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Nipissing Serenity Hospice will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Nipissing Serenity Hospice will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Nipissing Serenity Hospice will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.