Job Posting – February 2020
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is looking to fill the position of Maintenance Coordinator, who, under the direction of the Executive Director, will primarily be responsible for the general maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain the Hospice, equipment, furnishings, fixtures and the surrounding grounds in proper condition. Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.The Maintenance Coordinator must possess the following:
- Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies
- Certifications or licenses appropriate to industry
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all volunteers
- Customer service oriented
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
- Demonstrated skills in light carpentry, plumbing, electricalwork, painting and equipment maintenance
- Knowledge and ability to operate all fire equipment
- Ability to perform required physical duties which may include bending, kneeling, reaching, standing for extended periods of time, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying boxes, tools and equipment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations, to be on call and carry a cellular phone or pager, and be able to work the hours necessary to ensure the effective operation of the Hospice
- Must possess a valid provincial driver’s license and have access to a vehicle
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) & Clear Criminal Record Check (CRC)
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations
Nipissing Serenity Hospice offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Nipissing Serenity Hospice will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Nipissing Serenity Hospice will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Nipissing Serenity Hospice will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Nipissing Serenity Hospice strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Nipissing Serenity Hospice will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.