Registered Nurse – Casual
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $34.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
This role will appeal to a dynamic and experienced regulated health care professional who values hospice palliative care and who is eager to support a growing organization and an energetic team. Reporting to the Manager of Hospice Services, the RN will be responsible, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, for providing professional, evidence-based client-centred care for individuals staying at the Hospice. The RN will be holistic and ethical in interactions with residents, families and colleagues, and make sound judgements based on experience, knowledge and scope of practice.
- BScN with Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Demonstrates and maintains competence and standards of care in relation to knowledge (both a broad base knowledge and a depth of knowledge in palliative care), critical thinking and technical skills and strive to improve the quality of his/her dimension of practice as per the CNO reflective practice.
- Proven leadership in an RN role.
- Is caring and ethical in interactions with residents, families and colleagues.
- Supports an inclusive environment that is culturally sensitive and assuring that privacy, confidentiality and dignity are maintained.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have completed: LEAP, Fundamentals of Palliative Care or equivalent educational courses in another jurisdiction.
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience working with hospice palliative care.
- Evidence of a demonstrated client centred approach to care and ability to work with families.
- Self-motivated, results orientated, personable and charismatic, well organized, diplomatic, strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Participates in mandatory education/training in-services for skill development, self-care, team work and updates on new and/or relevant information on best practices.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external team members.
- Ability to work a variety of 12 hour shifts including nights. Flexibility around scheduling changes; ability to pick up shifts on short notice.
- Physical and emotional ability and stamina to provide personal and clinical care to residents.
- Dedication to safety measures and best practices
- Provision of Police Record check.
- Effective bilingual (English/French) communication skills, both verbal and written, is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage all candidates with the right skill mix and abilities to please send résumés and cover letters by email to:
Nipissing Serenity Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with our Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Nipissing Serenity Hospice’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.